Meet super cool Josefin Persdotter, the 26-year-old gal behind the stage name Vera Sky.
Who is your style icon?
– Iris Apfel is one of my favorites when it comes to clothes. She is 92 and is super cool. Otherwise I must say Rosa Parks. She is my absolute style role model.
How is a typical morning for you? Are you stressing you up and get dressed in the first, best you see or do you have planned your outfit since before?
– I’m snoozing as long as I possibly can, and almost always have 30 minutes for me to get ready. The result is that I usually just throw on something that feels comfortable and that match the mind.
Where do you prefer to shop?
– I love to shop second hand and preferably abroad. In Sweden at Stadsmissionen or Beyond Retro.
If you shop online, where do you go?
– I love Tradera, the swedish version of eBay. Most things can be found there. However, I am the worst at remembering to bid, resulting in that I lose and do not get the clothes I want. But it’s fun to go in and have a look.
What are the three absolute favorites in your closet right now?
– My black flared trousers from H&M are often on the go with everything, but I like my high-waisted jeans and polo shirt too.
You work partly as a DJ. What are your three most played songs right now?
– Asgeir Trausti – Torrent, Style of Eye & SoSo – Kids, Daft Punk – Within (Offsuit Remix)
We see more and more girls behind the DJ booth. How do you do to stand out?
– It’s not something I think about but it’s just amazing that women take more space. Girl power!
If you had to be someone else for one day, who would it be and why?
– I would choose Emilia Clarke and one day when she plays Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones. I’m obsessed with the series and absolutely love her character!
When it comes to your makeup bag – which is your favorite product?
– My lipsticks from Make Up Store, for sure. I think I have most of the colors from there.
Is there any garment you would not be able to bear up?
– Actually, I think I would rock the most.
Where from do you get your inspiration?
– I get a lot of inspiration from movies and the people around me. Many of the people I hang out with are artist souls who go their own way when it comes to style. Right now I’m in a period which I call “Fashion Trash Alien” which is a mix of 90’s movies like Clueless, Punk and Barbie.
You’ve had a rainbow of colors in your hair. What is your favorite?
– I love to color my hair. It’s like painting your nails. You get that extra edge to your look. So far, enough light purple was the best color.
You are also a singer and goes under the name Vera Sky. Different Vera Skys style slightly from Josefins?
– No, not directly. It ‘s always crazy. I’m wearing what I feel like on stage, eventhough I take the whole hog a little extra. I love glitter and color.
Shoes – Second Hand // Jeans – Second Hand // Top – Barcelona // Jacket – Alfa Industries // Solbrillor – Turist shop in Gamla stan, Sweden // Necklace with stone – Urban Outfitters // Net necklace – Gina Tricot
Shoes – Dr.Martens // Skirt – Beyond Retro // Jacket – Second Hand (H&M) // Backpack – Thailand
Skirt – H&M // Top – Humana Second Hand Berlin // Shoes – Beyond Retro // Jacket – New York // Pink necklace – Barcelona // Necklace with locker – Home made // Net necklace – Gina Tricot
Trousers – H&M // Shoes – Second hand // Fur – Antik Batik // Top – Gina Tricot // Jewelery – Barcelona
Jacket – Zara // Trousers – Monki // Top – Second Hand in London // Shoes – Dr.Martens