A week with Amanda Malm
26-year-old Amanda Malm is the bohemian chic from Södermalm in Stockholm who run the summer club BLANC at F12. She pays tribute to the Australian fashion, would happily go dressed in leather pants every day and wishes to be Mick Jagger for one day – if he performs at a stadium that day.
Where do you get your inspiration from?
– Mostly artists and bands that I listen to. Much of the 60/70s rock. They had clearly the coolest styles! Type Jimi Hendrix, Patti Smith, Steven Tyler, Joan Jett.
You’ve lived in countries around the world. Do you have any favorite country when it comes to fashion?
– Then I must say Australia where I lived in last. There are many smaller upcoming brands that are just like the country itself, more laid back compared to the minimalist fashion in Sweden. Much of the inspiration comes from the surf culture and the bohemian lifestyle.
Who is your style icon?
– Juliette Lewis is an old favorite, Erin Wasson’s new with her cool southern touch and Lou Doillon with the contemporary rock star look.
How is a typical morning at your place? Do you dress in the first best you see or do you have planned since before?
– I plan if I know I’m about to do something special and will be short of time. On a typical day I wake up and throw on my safe cards, jeans, t-shirt and boots.
This summer we will find you at F12 on Mondays. What will happen there?
– Me and my girls, Yulia Lindberg and Rosa Gabriela Kamerlind, are runnings the club BLANC where we will hold art openings, fashion parties, record releases and a lot more fun! Include also good drinks, good music and great times!
Where do you prefer to shop?
– Vintage is always the favorite! Or sew on stuff myself when I usually are not satisfied with things as they are.
If you shop online, where do you go?
– American Free People, or Ebay is my big favorite!
What are the three absolute favorites in your closet right now?
– My Mexicana boots was love at first sight. My leather pants from H&M, I would easily be able to have on me every day and my black shiny t-shirt from Tiger is absolutely perfect.
If you had to be someone else for one day, who would it be and why?
– Oops difficult, now I have to answer something cool here… I probably would in that case choose to be Mick Jagger. On conditions that the Stones had an arena gig that day so I got to try to be a rock star and guy at the same time.
When it comes to your makeup bag – which is your favorite product?
– My bronzer from Bare Minerals. You get a nice glow and it does not appear that you wear it.
Pants – H&M // T-shirt -Tiger of Sweden // Boots – Mexicana // Jacket -Vintage // Belt -Vintage.
Pants – H&M // Blouse – Indiska // Boots – Vintage // Jewelry – Vintage // Belt – Vintage // Bag – Amandas own design: The vintage A // Sunglasses – Rayban.
Pants – Vintage // Top – Made in the Shade // Jacket – Vintage // Hat – Lovely Bird // Necklace – SPELL & the Gypsy Collective // Shoes – Shoe Biz Copenhagen.
Jeans – The Local Firm // Sweater – Contemporary Reflections // Shoes – TIGER of Sweden // Bag – H&M // Sunglasses – Rayban.
Dress – Vintage // Kimono – Contemporary Reflections // Bracelet – H&M // Boots – Harley Davidsson // Bag – Amandas own design: The Vintage A // Sunglasses – Rayban.